This policy is applicable to all divisions of Emirates National Construction and Project Management (ENE). The policy is developed in line with company purpose, principles, values and commitment. The policy complies with the requirements of ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007. This policy provides the basis for elaborated Integrated QHSE Management System.
The Quality Policy of Emirates National Establishment is encapsulated in the following stated objectives:-
- To ensure that our internal quality commitments and requirements confirms to ISO 9001:2008
- To continually improving quality to meet present and future expectations
- To eliminate Quality non-conformances
- To maintain an open Communication channels and balanced responses with Customers
- To maintain a system which shall ensure employees involvement, motivation and training
- To identify and monitor indicators for determined business processes aiming at continuous improvement
The Health & Safety Policy of Emirates National Establishment is encapsulated in the following stated objectives:-
- To ensure that Health & Safety regulations (including applicable legislative requirements) are met as per OHSAS 18001:2007
- To ensure that Health & Safety hazards are monitored and controlled
- To ensure that continual improvement is embedded within the culture of the business by the regular review of Health & Safety objectives and targets that are communicated to all its staff
- To disseminate Health & Safety objectives and targets to all levels of staff through inductions and annual appraisals
- To ensure that Health & Safety policies are established to facilitate continual improvement in our ability to minimize Health and Safety hazards and prevent Health & Safety incidents
- To provide and maintain written documented procedures where required
The Environmental Policy of Emirates National Establishment is encapsulated in the following stated objectives:-
- To ensure that environmental regulations (including applicable legislative requirements) are met as per ISO 1400:2004
- To ensure that environmental impacts are monitored and controlled
- To ensure that continual improvement is embedded within the culture of the business by the regular review of measurable environmental objectives and targets that are communicated to all its staff
- To disseminate environmental objectives and targets to all levels of staff through inductions and annual appraisals
- To ensure that environmental policies are established to facilitate continual improvement in waste minimization, prevention of pollution, energy efficiency and conservation of the environment
- To continually strives to promote efficient use of natural resources and reduce the adverse effects to our products and operations on environment by minimizing waste and preventing pollution.
The Company will ensure the Emirates National Establishment’s suitability and effectiveness by the use of:-
- Planned, scheduled and phased Management Reviews
- Scheduled internal audits
- Independent audits by recognized bodies
- Audits by customers
The management shall periodically review stated IMS Policy to ensure continuing suitability and effectiveness with the prevailing business atmosphere
We actively involve our stakeholders in two way communication and mitigate our social impacts and risks. We are committed to respect, protect and support the fulfillment of human rights within our area of influence in accordance with the law. We operate within the legal frame to perform our activities.
NO SMOKING POLICY
Emirates National Establishment obliges itself to guarantee a healthy and safe work environment and it’s conscious that smoking could have detrimental effects to health and safety of each person and of his/her colleagues and is therefore committed to provide smoke-free for its employees, sub-contractors and visitors while respecting individual choice.
In relation to the preliminary remarks, it is Emirates National Establishments’ Policy that:
- Smoking, being recognized as injurious to health, is actively discouraged.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden in all Emirates National Establishment – office premises and Project Sites including offices, facilities, messes, clinics, fueling and servicing areas, warehouse and common areas.
- Smoking is prohibited at all times in Company vehicles, buses including escort vehicles.
There shall be no smoking except in designated Smoking Areas.
Contractors and subcontractors must ensure the observance from their employees of the regulations indicated in this policy.
The policy is applicable also to short term visitors of whatever nature.
This No Smoking Policy will be communicated to all Project personnel and made it available to all Stake Holders.
ALCOHOL & DRUG USE POLICY
Emirates National Establishment obliges them to guarantee a Healthy and Safe work environment and they are conscious that alcohol and drugs could have detrimental effects to the Health and Safety of a person and of his/her colleagues.
Employees must be in a physical and mental condition that allows them to accomplish their duties efficiently and safely and to maintain an appropriate behavior.
In relation to the preliminary remarks:
- Use, possession, distribution and sale of drugs are severely forbidden.
- Working under alcohol and drugs effect in all places where contractor operates is forbidden.
- Use of every kind of medicine prescribed with a therapeutic purpose, that could prejudice or contribute to prejudice the safely execution of each one’s task, must be given forth to the relevant safety and health functions.
The Contractor, in accordance and within the laws and local regulations, could decide every time consider necessary to pre-emotively carry out individual alcoholic and toxicological tests.
Test will be carried out with a particular attention to individual dignity and the relevant results will be treated respecting the individual privacy.
Subcontractors must ensure the observance from their employees of the regulations indicated in this Policy.
Violation of such provisions by an employee is considered a serious breach of Contractors’ policy and anyone if found using drugs or drinking alcohol while on site, or under the influence of alcohol or drugs, shall not be allowed future access under any circumstances.
The Substance Abuse Policy will be communicated to all Project personnel and made it available to all Stake holders.
This policy is applicable to all Contractor and Subcontractor personnel and Visitors.